Sona Bhatnagar, M.D.
Why did I start this website?
When I was 46 years old, my husband, Mohit, was killed in a motorcycle accident. A mere ten months later, my 18-year-old son, Nachu, died of widespread bone cancer. Even as a medical doctor, I had never seen anyone suffer as much as Nachu did during his abrupt decline. After my husband and son both passed, I sank into the darkest depths of despair. Time, willpower, self-reflection, and a conscious acceptance of what had happened allowed me to re-emerge as a new version of myself – joyful, excited and hopeful for my next chapter in life.
Now I feel that it is my turn to help you overcome your obstacles. If I can heal and be happy again, I know that you can, too.
Grief and loss
Believe me, I learned a lot! It would take pages and pages to adequately describe my experiences—so I started this website.
How can I help you?
I want to share my story, methods that helped me, messages I received, and specific steps that I took to help myself both accept and move forward in life. You might find something in my articles, you might have an “Aha” moment, or you might say to yourself, “You know, I should try this. It made her feel better.” That’s what I hope to do—help you get through your grief.
Pain and loss come in various forms: physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, financial, and many more. This experience is incredibly individual. Unfortunately, there is no “cookbook” of answers, no “recipe” for loss.
However, I hope that this website will help you by offering suggestions to enable you to start moving forward. I ask you to venture into the recesses of your heart and soul to reevaluate who you truly are; this will help you determine how to rise above your current reality. I know this is hard to imagine – but, when you dig deep enough, you will eventually find your own answers. You will then be able to overcome your loss, instead of being buried by it. I have discovered that out of the darkest moments come the brightest days – ones full of gratitude, joy, love and hope for the future.
Tell me your story
Please e-mail me, Facebook me, instagram me. I want to know your story, what has happened to you, what you’ve been through, where you are today and what your goals are for tomorrow. I care deeply and I am here to share and help.
More About Me
I spent my early childhood in both India and Africa. When I was eleven years old, my family moved to the U.S.A. I married a wonderful man and was blessed to have three beautiful children, Nachu, Gauri, and Radha. I felt incredibly lucky in my life.
Since I was a little girl, I had always loved healing people and so I became a medical doctor. I have practiced in Maryland for more than 20 years.
Degrees and Certificates
- M.D. from the University of Florida
- Internal Medicine Residency at University of Maryland
- Certified Grief Recovery Specialist
- Hypnotherapist (Certified through NATH—National Association of Transpersonal Hypnotherapy)
Alternative Energy Healing Certifications
- Reiki Master
- Theta Healing
- Alpha Healing
- Pranic Healing
- Reconnective Healing
- Matrix Energetics
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- My husband and I took the kids out of school for an entire year and travelled across 26 countries. The kids got smarter!
- Scuba dived across the world, bungee jumped in Australia, jumped off planes with a parachute and zip lined in various countries, trekked through the Himalayas, hot air ballooned in Africa
- Speak English, Marathi and Hindi
- I LOVE to read. My favorite author is R.K. Narayan
- My favorite movie is “Sound of Music”
- My exercises includes P90X, Bikram Yoga and Tae Bo
- I love chocolate!